Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In class 3/25

I am leaning towards the "octomom" for my topic of this editorial argument. This is a local women that has just recently had 8 babies with many more children already at home. She is single and has done in vitro to bring these babies in to the world. The problem is that she is now getting many things given to her to care for her children in which it is not very fair since she is the one who took control and decided to bring this problem upon herself. I am concerned about the children but I do not feel sorry for her.
The way this topic connects with the community is that she is from the DFW area. Many stores are volunteering to bring products to her and offer her money that she needs yet you do not see these companies helping out the homeless in the community. Once again, she made this decision and yet she is the one receiving all this help. This interest me for one because it is a hot topic floating around in the news. It has almost become a Joke in the media as well as in television shows and I know there will be alot of information about this. Also, girls love drama and keeping up with the daily events which this have been a major part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment