2. First and foremost, I loved how unit three had a twist on it. It wasn't all about just creating one single paper, it allowed me to see other ways to make an argument. I am very content about my letter to the editor as well as my op-ed but I am a bit nervous about my humor article. I am afraid that some of the Top Ten Reasons are funny to me but others may not "get" them. I also couldn't figure out a way to jazz the humor article up as some individuals from class did with their articles. I like the way that my portfolio as a whole came together. Each article connects to one another as well as back to the original article my argument was based off of. Every item is neatly placed into their own category. With the portfolio, I am worried about one piece of information: My prewriting for my humor argument. I checked back at the agenda for class that day and I remember presenting my humor article samples that I had found especially since one was a bit vulgar but I do not see it on the blog. I went ahead and put my sample humor articles in the portfolio along with some prewriting I did with Ms. April.
3. My argument was targeted towards the general public. I was arguing that some cops abuse their authority and that some even try to get away with it. I started out replying to an article about Officer Powell and how his behavior was unacceptable in a situation that occurred with Ryan Moats. Next, I wrote about how many cops abuse their authority and get away with is which lead me to my humor argument which reflected on stupid reasons that cops give tickets. They know they can give out tickets and will use their authority or credentials to have a reason to back up why the ticket is issued. Once again, I am worried that my humor argument will not be funny to some individuals especially if they have not heard of the Ryan Moats/Officer Powell situation. I have really enjoyed doing this unit and I am very happy with my portfolio as a whole since all the assignments tie together and reflect off of each other to make an overall argument. Also, in this portfolio I was not sure if there was suppose to be a heading on each page (pankey 2, pankey 3,etc) especially since all my papers are divided into their own category. I hope my argument is clear and that all of my pieces have followed the guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment