The First cartoon that I found reads "I'm going to kick your ass, and get away with it." The background picture is a picture of an officer holding a gun. This is showing a humorous argument because it is saying that even though cops make sure the laws are followed, sometimes they believe they can get away with breaking the laws themselves because they are in charge. Also, this has to go along with my topic of how the officer beat up a man that was deaf just because he could not communicate and yet the officer got a paid 2 day leave. Therefore, this officer pretty much got away with harassing the deaf but if the deaf man would have harassed the officer it would have been a different story. It shows humor because it is mocking what officers actually get away with in a form of a cartoon.
The second cartoon I picked read, "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right. We don't. Sign here." This shows a women getting pulled over by an officer trying to get away with not getting a ticket because of her looks. This shows humor because we know many officers let the pretty ladies go with just a warning sometimes. In my case, If I would have just done what the officer asked me to do so he could glance up my skirt, I would have got away with the warning. This is humorous because situations happen like this everyday but then again officers would never admit to this!
No comments:
Post a Comment