Monday, April 20, 2009

HW 4/20

I decided to do my humor argument in a David Letterman kind of style. He features "The top ten reason..." so I made a headline of my own using "The Top Ten Ways to get a Ticket from an Officer." I then went in descending order from 10-1 rating the reasons from the weakest humor to the most humorous. I ended on "Pissing off officer Powell." This wraps up my whole argument that leads back to my topic of some cops being on power trips.
  This uses humor to describe many instances when cops get on power trips and want to write individuals tickets for so called idiotic reasons. They like taking the glory for what they do and use their authority for granted. I ended with  Powell because it reflects back on the original article I used so I thought that was pretty cool.  Im hoping it makes an effective argument because I know that Letterman's does so Im crossing my fingers that mine does the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment