Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hw 4/22

1. First draft of humorous argument.
2. I like the approach I took for this argument. It was simple yet expressed humor in a creative way. I am worried that all of my TOP TEN weren't comprehendible by all viewers. I added things that I thought were funny but not everyone "gets" them since they do not know what my article is about. I am happy that I was able to come up with ten reasons, ten doesn't sound like very many but it was difficult to think of them in sarcastic ways.
3. I need help in making each reason humorous but in a way where everyone understands them. I also need help with the tense I decide to go with because I have noticed that I tend to go back and forth in that area.  I also would appreciate if someone told me that something was just not funny so I could think of a better reason.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your list is very creative but some of the points I did not see as funny. Perhaps try to be more inclusive about who would find it funny, or if you are appealing to a specific audience that you think this would appeal to then good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that your idea of making a list was clever. It reminded me a mastercard commercial. I think that you could possibly add a picture or a cartoon of Officer Powell at the bottom of the second page and it would make it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the humor alot. They are all things that anyone can relate to. You tie it into your topic at the end very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lac! Again, I think that the idea is a very well thoughtout one, but I don't know if it was executed to its fullest. I think that the "reasons" I marked in the original that were confusing should be changed or altered. Your on the right path!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your humorous argument. I think that was a creative way to do it and it was really funny. Good topic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reasons you came up with are funny. I think if you go in order from least funny to funniest it would be even more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lacy,
    I like the way you chose to write this piece. I thought the top ten thing was really funny. I made comments on the paper itself, but over all I thought it was clear, funny and not offensive. Good work!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacy, I thought your humerous piece was very well thought through and funny! I think it was a very good idea to approach your audience and topic using this approach of humor! I think its really great that everyone who reads it can relate to the issue: getting pulled over! Love it!

    ReplyDelete